Sunday, February 28, 2010

Teacher Tube

I've found myself going to YouTube for quick videos or tutorials more and more lately.  Like YouTube, Teacher Tube has a lot of trash to sift through before you get to something good.  When I searched World History I got boring power points, students projects (which are hit and miss), and advertisements for people's websites.  Searching through the site in general, I found several adorable lessons for elementary school and lots of videos that looked good for Science and English.  Most of the videos I found useful on Teacher Tube were more for teachers and how to create quality lessons.  I did find 1 video that I will show my class tomorrow.  Several months ago (before the earthquake), I read an article about women in Haiti making mud cookies.  It was completely heartbreaking.  I told my students about it when we were discussing Haiti and most couldn't believe this was true.  I found a video that must have been a companion to the print story (11/09) while searching for videos on Haitian history.  


Dr. Campbell had our Differentiated Instruction class watch several videos on Power Teaching.  I've actually used the high school version a few times in my classroom.  It is a nice change of pace, but I'm not sure I could pull it off on a daily basis.  You MUST go to the 2:20 mark on the video and watch the adorable Quincy lead his class in reciting the alphabet to the kindergarten version of "Who Let the Dogs Out."

No comments:

Post a Comment