When I did my reading on audio/podcasting and when I was trying to think of something to do for my audio project, I couldn't understand why I would just use audio when I have so many options to use video as well. I finally decided creating an audio file would definitely be helpful when reading or listening for fluency, when the student already had the visual (like a book or handout), or when video wasn't available to a student.
As I worked on my projects over the last week, I found a myriad of uses for audio files. Alice allows you to create your own audio files to include in your animation. Inspiration allows you to attach audio files you create to your outlines. I plan on having students record an explanation of their outlines. This allows other students to receive a tutorial if they need it and lets me know the students understand the concepts. I'm working on converting Camtasia files to audio files so I can post both on Moodle. Students can choose to only download the audio to listen to on their Ipods or to give them an option if the video won't work. I'm also going to try to record some of my son's books for him. He likes to read independently but all his favorites aren't available on the Tag.
Audacity was incredibly user friendly. I hate listening to my own voice so I've always avoided this media. However, it is so easy and useful I think I'm hooked. Editing a recording was very easy as was exporting to Quicktime (the file format Inspiration requires). I noticed Garage Band also has a Podcasting option. I would like to experiment with that software as time permits.
No comments:
Post a Comment