Several years ago, I had students use Inspiration to plan a project. For some reason, I never used it again. Our school has it loaded on our computers so I decided to revisit the program. Our faculty has been discussing the fact that we are not utilizing the technology our school provides for us. Inspiration has really improved or I wasn't using it to its full capabilities the first time. You can include pictures and symbols, make all sorts of different charts, and include sound and video files. The program also exports your outline into a variety of programs once you are finished. Inspiration is also very user friendly. For instance, when I exported my outline as an image file it gave several options, offering suggestions on which file type would be best for my document.
I made a template to put on the public drive for my students to access on the Effects of World War I. The students will use the template to enter in their outline for their assigned region. They will use the outline to create an animation of the effects of World War I on their region. The groups will attach a sound file to their outline expanding on the effects of World War I on their region. The teacher will take all of the Inspiration outlines and post them online as an image for students to study. The outlines will also be converted into power point presentations with sound files attached. Students who need more information can listen to the groups' explanations. The template I created models what the outlines and sound files should look like.
No comments:
Post a Comment