Friday, April 30, 2010

Go Animate


A teacher I follow on Twitter suggested GoAnimate for creating animations. I wanted to make an animation for my multimedia project so I decided to see how it worked. This site is awesome! I liked it so much more than using Alice. The whole thing is online so you don't have to download any software. There are options to send a link of your video, embed your video on a website, send to facebook or other social networking sites, or you can save your video to your computer (costs 99 cents).
GoAnimate has many of the options Alice does, but you access them by right clicking on the object you have placed in the scene. This is so much easier than writing a long script of actions. There are also more scene and object options. You can make your own characters or use Scooby Doo, Willie Nelson, political figures, etc. You can make new characters by earning points. You earn points by watching tutorials, sharing videos, and finding friends. Of course, you never have to use these features if you don't want to. You can also easily add music to your animation. The site already has royalty free music for you to use or you can upload your own music. There are also options to edit effects and change camera angles.
GoAnimate has not created a system for educators to use for logins like Animoto and edu.glogster. Currently, each user must create a user account using an e-mail address. Animations can be made private. There are several areas on the website to view other animations and comments and to invite people to view your animations. Because of this, I might not allow younger children to use this site. However, older children will probably be fine with parent permission. The video also embeds with ads for GoAnimate. 

GoAnimate.com: Comparisons 2 by MommaT

Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment